Wow, I can’t believe I made it! Money Scrap turns ONE this week and I am still blogging! Maybe not on a consistent basis but I am still here!
This will be a short post, I wouldn’t want to spoil you all after being gone for almost a month:)
Starting a blog has been an amazing experience. I learned so much about so many things I didn’t know anything about! And got to “meet” so many great people/bloggers.
Money Scrap Turns ONE, How Well Did I Do?
Amazing! If you only take into consideration the length of time I have been blogging. I made it to ONE year blogging, and apparently that is an accomplishment in itself (90% of bloggers quit in their first year, or something close to it)
It’s understandable. Blogging is hard work!
In my case, with three kids (even older), a full-time job and a life full of other activities (and maybe the fact that it takes me hours to write each post!), sometimes blogging does take a back seat. Like this past month, Another Blogging Break? Again!.
How About My Numbers You Ask?
Well , not so great! If you read my post Blog Report: The Walk Of Shame, you already know I am not a blog star!
But For Fun (Mostly Yours) And Full Transparency, Here Are My Numbers:
- Views to date: 25,389
- Comments to date: 1,590
- Subscribers: 73
- Post published: 83
- Alexa ranking: 1,604,678
Your Favorite Five Posts:
- Don’t get sucked into Valentine’s Day consumerism
- How My Husband’s Depression Changed Our Lives Forever
- How I Went From Live-In Nanny To Corporate VP
- Travel Hacking? It’s Not For Everyone
- You CAN reach FI without a master plan!
My Favorite Five Posts:
It’s a tough one because I actually like most of my posts, it depends on my mood. But if I have to choose , today it would be:
- I had fun writing my Personal Finance Bloggers Wanted! post. It was a little different and entertaining, even for me:)
- What If Frugality Is Not In Your DNA? This one was the realization that being frugal is a struggle for some, even when they know it’s the right thing to do. Just the same as my relationship with food. I know what I should do but I still don’t do it!
- How My Husband’s Depression Changed Our Lives Forever . This one post was hard to write but I needed to. I am sure there will be a few more over the years.
- Judgement Day! Frugal Or Cheap? This one was just so much fun. Coming up with the quiz format, the questions and then seeing so many comments.
- Get on the FI bus. I loved this post but readers didn’t seem too. I even submitted it to Rockstar Finance but didn’t make the cut. I guess I should be happy I got featured once:)
And to ALL of you, readers and fellow bloggers:
Pin me please:)
And to my BBBs, already mentioned in my previous post Another Blogging Break? Again! A Special thank you. You gave me the right support when I needed it.