It is easy to write and publish a post when you are successful in you endeavors:
- How I went from being a live-in nanny to a corporate VP,
- Saving $80/week on groceries,
- How I reached FI without a master plan,
- How my daughter saved $30,000 by the age of 21 and is graduating this month.
But how about when you don’t? Let’s say, blogging? Oh NO, not blogging!
I Most of us don’t like to admit publicly when we are not doing well or not as well as others. And it looks like, based on other bloggers’ stats, my blog is suffering from a lack of viewership love. Yes I know, I shouldn’t compare my numbers to others! Bla, bla, bla… Sometimes, you just do! But I am also not ready to call it a failure, I am still blogging and that, in itself, is a win! Remember, 90% of bloggers quit in their first year. But, enough said, time for me to share my numbers. I am warning you, it’s not pretty.
To ALL Bloggers, Who:
- Post regularly and keep a schedule,
- Read other PF bloggers’ posts diligently,
- Consistently write comment(s),
- Are very active with
ALLMOST social media,
- Understand Google analytics and SEO.
- And do everything else you are supposed to do to become a successful blogger.
I BOW TO YOU
What Am I Doing Wrong?
I lack in many areas mentioned above, not because I don’t know what to do, it’s all here. But mainly because I don’t have enough time! Or I choose not to make the time. And also
maybe for the following reasons:
- I hate schedules! And you know how critical it is to stick to a schedule when you blog.
- My no-spend first year blog challenge (Detailed post to follow) It’s tough! Everything that seems to work great for other bloggers, requires for you to sign up and pay a
- I take lots of breaks from social media! And let’s face it, how can you promote your blog if you are not on Social Media.
- And sometimes little breaks from blogging. This one is a big no-no.
- I don’t have a specific niche.
- Poor writing skills (English is my second language after all)
At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter why, the fact is: my numbers suck!
Share the love, go ahead and pin it
Blog Report : The Walk Of Shame
So now, for the moment you have all been waiting for, my blog report (after 9 months, not a pretty baby!):
You can check out your own ranking at https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo
My Top Five Posts:
- Don’t get sucked into Valentine’s Day consumerism – Thanks to a Rockstar Finance Feature – My Only One!
- How My Husband’s Depression Changed Our Lives Forever – Thanks to Lily @ The Frugal Gene who promoted my post on twitter.
- How I Went From Live-In Nanny To Corporate VP
- You CAN reach FI without a master plan! – Thanks to a feature on Camp FIRE Finance
- Personal Finance Bloggers Wanted!
Well it wasn’t so bad, I am still breathing! Honestly, not my proudest moment but I had to share, maybe it will help some of you feel better about your own progress! Just remember, the fact that you are still blogging is already an achievement! As far as traffic, you know what they say:
“If you build it, they will come!”
So I will keep working at it and try to improve over time, it is a slow process but I will get there!
“Rome wasn’t built in a day, but they were laying bricks every hour”
How about you, is your blog where you expected it to be? What is working or not working for you? Ready to share some numbers? Any constructive criticism for me? (Be nice!)
To ALL of you who read, share, support my blog and my journey to Financial Freedom and Happiness: