I know what you are thinking, what does this have to do with financial freedom? Well, nothing! It has everything to do with happiness, my happiness. And this blog is also about my pursuit of happiness:) Did I forget to mention how much I love food, mostly dessert? So whenever I can, I try new recipes. And once in a while, if I find a worthy recipe, I may share it on this blog.
I found this one a few years back and have been working on it over the years. I think it is now close to perfection! You have to try it, it looks great, takes no time and it is soooo good!
Perfect for summer gatherings like Canada Day or the 4th of July!
Coconut Rum-infused Cake & Berry Trifle Recipe:
Prep time: 30 min
Coconut rum-infused angel cake cubes are layered with vanilla pudding and whipping cream, fresh berries and toasted almonds for a simple and quick dessert.
What You Need:
- 1-1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) French Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- ¼ cup coconut rum (Bacardi is best but Malibu will work) or dark rum, divided
- 1/8 ground nutmeg
- 5 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 angel food cake (283 gr.)
- 4 cups of berries (halved strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries or any combination)
- ½ cup sliced almonds toasted (it is optional but so much better with it)
- Pour milk into a large bowl. Add dry pudding mix, 2 Tbsp. of the rum and the nutmeg. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Cut the cake horizontally into 4 layers. Sprinkle cake layers evenly with remaining rum; cut into 1-inch cubes. Place half of the cake cubes in bottom of 2-1/2-quart straight-sided serving bowl; cover with half of the whipped topping mixture. Reserve one third of the berries and almonds for garnish. Place the remaining berries over the whipped cream topping mixture in bowl; sprinkle with almonds. Cover with remaining cake cubes and remaining whipped topping. Top with the reserved berries and almonds.
This is the most awesome dessert (assuming you love coconut rum as much as I do). Enjoy!
And while you are at it, why not make a delicious drink to go with it! 10 Best Coconut Rum Drinks Recipes